It's almost 2017! Before drafting that post-holiday newsletter to your guests, start the new year off on the right foot by following these five email resolutions to get more people in your venue.
1. Use a Captivating Subject Line
The first thing your audience will see is the subject line, so make it a good one! Keep it short and to-the-point (i.e. under 45 characters), and consider including a topical emoji to make it really stand out.
Teasers are everything when it comes to subject lines. If you have a high-profile artist coming to your club, be sure to include that. If you have an upcoming theme night or drinks special to promote, you'll want to focus on that. It's all circumstantial, but either way, take advantage of this being your main attention-grabbing headline.
Here are some examples:
- Celebrate New Year's Eve with Nicki Minaj!
- Happy holidays! Win big inside...
- Coming to Royale: Rae Sremmurd, Borgore, Tyga, and more
- You're Invited: Mynt Lounge's 15th Anniversary Party
2. Optimize Your Newsletter for Mobile
Statistics say 55% of email is now opened on a mobile device. For that reason alone, it's crucial your venue's newsletters are in a mobile-responsive format. To optimize it for reading on a phone or tablet, you should do the following:
- Format all text in one single column
- Refrain from including too many photos, as emails with embedded photos take longer to download
- Keep text to a minimum
- Format by including brief introduction, main takeaways in bullet point format, then a brief, call-to-action closing
- Use a minimum font size of 11
- Do not use more than two different fonts
3. Answer The 5 Ws
Who, what, where, when, and why should always be kept in mind when composing an email. Address who will be at your venue (the audience), what exactly you're promoting, where it's being held, when it's happening, and why guests should choose your hot spot over someone else's that night.
4. Craft Personal Messages
People tend to be more receptive to personalized messages ― ones that not only include a greeting with their name, but also ones that feature them as the subject. A strong way of implementing this is by sending an email to your guests the day (or week) of their birthday. In it, use incentives like a complimentary drink or bottle presentation to encourage them to visit your venue on the big day.
5. Offer Giveaways, Flash Sales, Early Announcements, and More
Everyone loves to be spoiled sometimes! By using your venue's newsletter to benefit guests in this way, you'll increase increase open rates, click-throughs, and shares. More so, your subscribers will likely remain registered to your newsletter if they know they're getting a chance at exclusive rewards.
Now that you're managing your email marketing like a pro, why not bring a strong venue and event management strategy into 2017, too? Learn more about NightPro below.